Sunday, February 20, 2011

When I knew that I am pregnant....



I have been married with Trevor for about 2 years plus…and have known him for almost 11 years!!  Along our marriage journey, of course everyone has been asking “bila mok ada anak ini (means when are you going have a child?)“…well, sometimes it really pissed me off and make me more stress answering their questions..hahah…All my answer is “belum ada rezeki lagi..Tuhan belum bagi (means No luck yet, God’s will)….” To be frankly, I have been attending to a gynae in Normah regards my problem. I had cyst on my left side of ovaries and it caused hormone imbalance, weight gain drastically and irregular period.  Doc gave me medication all this while to reduce the effect and it worked so far. At the same time, I have to do regular exercise. So, I subscribe to a gym package at 3rd mile..In the record, I have lose 10kgs in one year..which  I like..haha…but then still no luck yet to get pregnant..So, I pray and be patient because everything is in God’s timings..

See gynae again after my 12th day after my period, this time Doc gave me Clomid pill for 2 cycles to induce egg for ovulation. So, in middle of November, my period came and I took clomid from Day 2 to Day 5 of period..hoping that it will be positive..tunggu punya tunggu, on 21st Dec, period came again..it means that it is not successful…that’s fine for me though..so I took again clomid 2nd cycle from Day 2..but I stopped from Day 3 onwards..It was Xmas holiday week and we family drinking liquor..Kailash brought from Dubai and we all had nice drinking session..even my dad and mom join sekali..Trey adviced me not to continue taking Clomid. Worried that it will affect my health..
Starting end of October last year, I am taking Blackmoore’s Multivitamins with Minerals  as a supplement.  I googled that taking this supplement is good for my condition and hopefully I am more healthier than before…Well, I can’t see what is the effect on me but all I know my urine colour turns into striking yellow if I don’t drink enough water. .hahaha….Oh yeah, I know, I gain weight bit by bit because of the Vitamin B content..and plus I don’t go to gym faithfully as before..

“…Multi-Vitamin May Improve FertilityCould a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement reduce your infertility problems?
According to the Harvard School of Public Health, the answer may be "yes".
This was an 8-year study of 18,555 women who were attempting to become pregnant and who did not have a prior history of infertility. Although these women did not have PCOS, the results were very interesting and could be relevant to you.
The researchers discovered a direct correlation between improved fertility and taking a multi-vitamin supplement. The more vitamins they took, the better were the results.
Compared to women who did not take any multi-vitamin supplements, the women taking two or less multivitamin tablets per week showed a 12% reduced risk of ovulatory infertility, women taking three to five multivitamin tablets per weeks showed a 31% reduced risk, and women taking six or more multivitamin tablets per week showed a 41% reduced risk.
In other words, the women taking the most multi-vitamins were the most likely to become pregnant. The researchers concluded: "Regular use of multivitamin supplements may decrease the risk of ovulatory infertility."
It appears that a B-vitamin called folic acid was an important ingredient in the multi-vitamins…..” source from http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/news114.html#sec1

On January…..my period supposed to come around 21st January and I had already having PMS symptoms such as sore breasts, tummy bloating, acne on the face,  mild cramp as if period wanna come out but not… I even use sanitary pad at work..afraid that it would leak..but wasting it only…hahaha…quite worry also..cos I don’t expect that I am gonna be preggy as I don’t complete taking Clomid pills..But I noticed that during that whole week, I tend to get sleepy during day time and feeling tired and sluggish..I just ignored the sign….
On 25th January, I went to Guardian Pharmacy to buy the Home Pregnancy Test kit…I put on hold till 29th January..On 28th January, I felt not feeling well and my body temperature rise..I  could feel that and I am not feeling good at all..

So, morning 29th at 5.40am, I woke up to get my 1st pee in the morning and test the stick..While I was seating on the toilet seat and keep my eye shut, I was praying to God and ask Mother Mary to intercede for me..hoping that it will be positive..but I said, if the result –ve, I will still keep hope,faith and be thankful to God as everything is in God’s hands and in His time..I know God will provide me the best He could offer.. that’s what my sisters in my cell group been telling me and comforting me..When I open my eyes, I just could not believe that I saw TWO DOUBLE LINES!! Never in my life, I had seeing two but only one line..I observed very closely and indeed two lines..I called Trey and asked him to follow me to the bathroom and he saw it too..he was very happy to see that..kissed and hugged me..My mom heard the commotion and ask me what happened..Then I showed her the result..She too hugged me and giving praise to God..
My first positive pregnancy test kit

I called Normah that morning and see Doc for the confirmation. She scanned me and estimated I was 4 weeks 4 days pregnant..She told me to come again on the 7th Week pregnancy to confirm again and hoping no miscarriage happen during that week…I prayed so hard, hoping it is not happening and thank God everything is OK  and no bleeding..


On the 7th week, Trey and I see again doc to check my condition..Scanned me and detected heartbeat of my lil bum in me..Feel so overjoyed and glad to see that together with Trey..we will be seeing doc again on the 12th week...We are looking for more good news to come..and enjoying this pregnancy life to come.. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Praise The Lord!! keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete